Thursday 30 August 2012

Unforgiveness

Did you know that God has the ability to forget?

Do you sometimes forget things? I often walk from my room to my kitchen and I wonder, “What did I come here for? I know it was important” I would hang around the kitchen, pulling my face into a prune-like exterior, (because we all think better when every muscle in our faces are pulled into a bunch and our one hand is placed on our foreheads!) I walk around the kitchen opening and closing cupboards, hoping that somehow my appliances would “talk to me” and remind me of what it was that made me leave my room and go to the kitchen in the first place.

I find it amazing that more often than not, I have to go back to doing what I was doing in the bedroom, to be able to remember what I went to go in to do, in the kitchen.

Why do we feel the need to go back to “that” place in our minds, “that room” in our thoughts, just to think about the things that hurt us, just in case we forget?

Holding onto memories of how someone hurt you, thinking that you will somehow hurt them by not forgiving or forgetting, is the same as taking a glass of poison, drinking it, thinking the other person will drop dead!

God says that he forgets your sin when you confess it! I think it is because, remembering your sin, would only hurt Him. So many Christian’s still believe that they will one day be judged for their sin. No! Go and read your bible. There will be no judgement of sin for the Christians, only for those who reject Christ, that was the whole point of Jesus dying, we will only be held accountable for not building His Kingdom after being saved.

Jeremiah 31:34

And they will no more teach each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, Know the Lord, for they will all know Me [recognize, understand, and be acquainted with Me], from the least of them to the greatest, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and I will [seriously] remember their sin no more.

This is a prophetic word for the time we are living in. A time when the Holy Spirit will teach us, the world will have access to the truth, and Jesus already took all our sin to the cross but above all that God forgets all our sin.

Extra scriptures on forgiveness:

Psalm 86:5

For You, O Lord, are good, and ready to forgive [our trespasses, sending them away, letting them go completely and forever]; and You are abundant in mercy and loving-kindness to all those who call upon You.

Matthew 18:35

So also My heavenly Father will deal with every one of you if you do not freely forgive your brother from your heart his offenses.

Mark 11:25

And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop.

Mark 11:26

But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your failings and shortcomings.

Luke 6:37

Judge not [neither pronouncing judgment nor subjecting to censure], and you will not be judged; do not condemn and pronounce guilty, and you will not be condemned and pronounced guilty; acquit and forgive and release (give up resentment, let it drop), and you will be acquitted and forgiven and released.

2 Corinthians 2:10

If you forgive anyone anything, I too forgive that one; and what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sakes in the presence [and with the approval] of Christ (the Messiah)

No comments:

Post a Comment