Wednesday 11 July 2012

God talks to us in our sleep…


Proverbs 6:22 (Amplified Bible)

22 When you go, they [the words of your parents' God] shall lead you; when you sleep, they shall keep you; and when you waken, they shall talk with you.

It is not uncommon for God to speak to us when we sleep. After I had my first revelation of who God really is, I often felt like God had spoken to me all night. I often wake up halfway through a worship song in my mind, and I just know that my spirit praised God all night. Or I would wake up with a scripture reference in my head, and when I read it, it would either be prophetic or just wisdom I need for that moment in my life.

Almost every big life changing decision or potentially dangerous or heartbreaking event that I have had to live through since my salvation has been preempted by a dream I have had during the night. I have even experienced friends having dreams about me, and on telling me about their dreams; I know exactly what it means. Even my 9 year old helps me to make the right decisions about her life through dreams God gives her.

Dreams where one of the main tools God used to direct Joseph’s life...

If you are already a Holy Spirit filled Christian, and you have had a feeling that your dreams might hold deeper meaning, I would suggest buying a good CHRISTIAN dream dictionary, and ask God to start speaking to you in your sleep.

Just remember that God tailor-makes the communication system between you and Him (not just dreams), all you have to do is be willing, have no fear and put your faith in the Living God.

3 comments:

  1. I have a question. My boyfriend says sometimes in my sleep I be calling for God telling him " I'm here. What does this mean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Lois, We are made in the image of God. Just as He is spirit (Holy Spirit), soul (God the Father) and flesh (Jesus), so we are too. When you sleep, it is only your flesh that sleeps. Your spirit never sleeps. It is your spirit that is calling out to God. It is the desire of every human spirit to have the full measure of God's Spirit poured into ours. You need to pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus that He will take away the "thirst" of your spirit by completely filling your spirit with the "Water" of His Holy Spirit. "Psalm 42:2 My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?" "Psalm 143:6 I spread forth my hands to You; my soul thirsts after You like a thirsty land [for water]. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!" "Job 33:15 [One may hear God’s voice] in a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on men while slumbering upon the bed," "Psalm 4:8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You, Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust." Lois, I often wake up in the morning with a worship song halfway sung and I just know that it was my spirit that was worshiping all night while my body was sound asleep. Hope this helps. Love Zania. * All scripture - Amplified Version of the Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night as I was laying in bed I heard a voice as I was half asleep then I wakeup out of it it was like a strong wind like a deep small voice speaking to me slowly in sure if hes was trying to speak about something thats going on in my life or one of my situation

    ReplyDelete