Thursday 12 July 2012

God of miracles 1 - "One Holy Spirit"

Matthew 13 (Amplified Bible)

14 In them indeed is the process of fulfilment of the prophecy of Isaiah, which says: You shall indeed hear and hear but never grasp and understand; and you shall indeed look and look but never see and perceive.
15 For this nation’s heart has grown gross (fat and dull), and their ears heavy and difficult of hearing, and their eyes they have tightly closed, lest they see and perceive with their eyes, and hear and comprehend the sense with their ears, and grasp and understand with their heart, and turn and I should heal them.
16 But blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are your eyes because they do see, and your ears because they do hear.

I can start by writing about the big miracles that I have seen over the years, but prefer to begin with the small ones, those miracles that we so often shove into the “coincidence box”.

I believe that if you knew how, you would be able to see God’s hand around you every day.

We recently moved to a new town and leaving friends behind is always hard. This whole week I have been wanting to phone a friend that I have not had any contact with since we moved away, 6 months ago, to ask her about her dad. He was a minister of a church all his life, and has been bound to his bed, for much longer than anybody should be; cut off from the world and his family because of his advanced Alzheimer disease.

For three days I have been randomly thinking about her father and today I got the message that he has passed on.

What does this mean? To me this is evidence that all Christians have one single Holy Spirit in our bodies, tying us together in one single body, no matter what our denomination or preferences are.

God knew that I had prayed for her father, and that I was concerned that he would be better off with his Father, so the Spirit of God tugged on my heart to tell me that it is done, that God had fetched one of His sons.

No comments:

Post a Comment