Friday 13 July 2012

God of miracles 2 - "Shopping Bag Circus Act"




I watched an episode of the game show “Minute to win it” recently. In one of the games the contestant had to keep 3 balloons flying in the air at the same time for 60 seconds.

This morning I woke up and progressively started feeling inadequate. I realised that my 9 year old is growing up so fast that she is starting to face spiritual matters that I didn’t expect her to deal with for another few years, the house is on its head, as my cleaning lady is off sick, and on top of it all I feel a need to spend more time studying the Word because there is just so much to learn.

Then it dawned on me - I am not able to keep all the balloons flying...

God reminded me of an event a few weeks ago. I had 2 hungry tired kids in the mall; way to many bags in my hands, and my daughter was late for her first gymnastics class. The three of us where running down the length of the mall, desperately trying to get to the car, (that was down 2 sets of escalators), when my daughter lost her footing, smashed down in the middle of all the shops, and screamed in agony. I didn’t have the hands or frankly the time and energy to help her up, so she just had to “suck it up” and drag herself behind me crying. As our little trilogy of “screaming kids and shopping bags circus act” reached the pay point, I felt like an athlete in the last 10 meters of a marathon. I only had my pinkie finger available to remove my ticket and a single silver 5 Rand coin in my purse. I managed to put the coin in the machine, and it just fell straight through... So I pick it out of the slot and insert it again... It falls through again, 5 or 6 times. By then I realised that the machine was just not going to accept this coin, and I didn’t have another to replace it with.

I closed my eyes and said out loud: “Dear God, You have to help me, I can not handle this right now.” I meant it, I truly was at my wits end. Low and behold, I stick my hand into the slot to find not one but two R5 coins, my old one and a different one, which immediately worked when I inserted it. I burst out laughing and gained back all my lost energy.

We are not able to keep our balloons flying all the time. Sometimes we just have to take a moment and ask God, in faith (truly believing it will happen), to catch our balloons for us.

Matthew 17:20

He said to them, Because of the littleness of your faith [that is, your lack of firmly relying trust]. For truly I say to you, if you have faith [ that is living] like a grain of mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to yonder place, and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

2 comments:

  1. “Miracle” according to Tim Storey that changed my life:

    “Supernatural Intervention of God into the Natural affairs of man.”

    We need to go from:

    *Believe In Miracles
    Josh 10: 5-14

    *Expect Miracles
    Mary

    *Receive Miracles
    Noah

    *Become a Miracle
    Acts 7:36-38

    *Release Miracles
    Heb. 11:17

    SAY:
    *Believe
    *Expect
    *Receive
    *Become
    *Release

    Any TOUCH has ingredients:
    - Love Touch
    - Anger Touch
    - Attention Touch
    - Comfort Touch but...
    - Faith Touch (Rhema)
    - God Touch

    The "Touch of Faith" will move Jesus!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject. Your writing would sell it fast. You have a lot of writing talent. shopper personalizzate

    ReplyDelete