Saturday 1 December 2012

God of Miracles Part 8 – "Heal my eyes Lord"

I can’t tell you for sure why the same type of miracles seems to come in clusters, but it might be that we develop our faith around our successes in a specific area of our faith walk. I suppose it could also be that a specific anointing rests on a house or a person who believes for the healing of others in a particular area. I am just not sure. I wrote about Priscilla's eye healing in my blog entry called "God of miracles 5 - "Glass-Bottle-Bottom" in August this year, and will soon also write about a man named Gregory, who’s eyes where also healed.

A few weeks ago Apostle André Roebert called the pastors of our church, including myself to lay hands on the people who needed healing. It is normal for me to feel the anointing flow tangibly through my hands, but in this particular instance the pure force and power of God almost threw me off my high heels!

I wish I had the words to describe the feeling of being used as a “conductor” to deliver God’s healing. Our bodies are so weak compared to God’s might. Obviously there is no pain involved, but the sheer force of energy flowing through you and into the person that needs the healing, leaves your body in a state of overstimulation. In this particular case this overstimulation got so intense that I started yelling as if someone was tickling me until I could not bare it anymore! It was so intense that I called Jade (one of our youths) who was sitting close by to come and put her hand on the woman, as I knew that that she would be interested in experiencing such a ‘tangible’ healing.

At the time I did not know the person we where laying hands on. I have since found out that her name is Sjara Jara and she is 70 years old. When she came and stood in front of me for prayer, she didn’t tell me what she needed prayer for. She was wearing a fashionable pair of square-rimed glasses and was dressed in a beautiful African cultural dress. I remember asking her to remove her specs and then put my hands on her eyes, after that, God took over.

At the time, I needed no convincing that healing took place, but I was very exited when Sjara came up to me a week or two later (without her specs) to tell me that her eyes had truly been healed. She told me that she was scheduled for an eye operation and had had great trouble with her eyes for quite some time in her life.  She is very exited about what God had done for her.

The picture of Sjara and Myself is unfortunately not that great and I will try to have a better one taken soon…


No comments:

Post a Comment